Our 2nd Annual Grape Stomping Festival was a smash! Guests enjoyed live music, award-winning wines, delicious foods from Chef’s special grape-inspired menu, an informative visual display of our wine-making process, and of course… Stomping plump, juicy grapes with their feet!
Guitarist Rodrigo Sarlo of El Capitán played wonderful Latin, Flamenco, and Reggae tunes for folks to enjoy throughout the day. The upbeat tunes provided guests with fun rhythms to which to dance and stomp grapes!
Grape Stompers of all ages had a blast crushing the fruit the old fashioned way!
Chef Dell and his sous chefs were busy cranking out Gourmet Cheese Plates, Vineyard Chicken Salad on Croissants, Hot Cheese Pizzas, and a very special and adventurous Vineyard Pizza topped with sweet roasted grapes, feta and mozzarella cheeses, caramelized onions, spicy arugula, candied bacon, and a tangy balsamic reduction.
One wall of the Great Hall was devoted to a visual display of our wine-making process. Each piece of equipment used to complete the process was displayed with a poster that included detailed descriptions and photographs of the equipment in use as well as fun facts about grapes and wine-making. Note that we actually use a modern day crusher to prepare our freshly harvested grapes for wine… Though it sure is fun to get your feet dirty by crushing grapes the old-fashioned way!
After the grapes are put through every step of the wine-making process, from harvesting to bottling, we are left with a wonderful finished product that we love to share with you! We served red wines on the patio and white wines at the tiki bar.
The white wines we selected for tasting included:
- Kaleidoscope 2012: Dry, Crisp Pinot Grigio
- Pristine 2013: Dry, Unoaked Chardonelle
- Destiny 2012: Dry, Full-bodied Vidal Blanc
- Mystique 2013: Dry, Unoaked Chardonnay
- Crown Jewel 2013: Semi-sweet Blend of Pinot Grigio, Traminette, and Niagara
- Fleur D’Ete 2013: Sweet Pinot Grigio
Selected red wines included:
- Silhouette 2012: Dry, Lightly Oaked Cabernet Sauvignon
- Trailblazer 2013: Dry, Oaked Merlot
- Fireside Chat 2013: Dry, Lightly Oaked Cabernet Franc
- Portal 2012: Dry, Spicy/Fruity Red Zinfandel
- Warm Glow 2013: Fruity/Earthy Semi-dry Chambourcin
- Sweet Surrender 2013: Sweet Concord Wine
- Serenity 2011: After-dinner Chambourcin Blend… Paired with Dark Chocolate!
Later in the afternoon Acoustic Reset played their renditions of some of our favorite tunes as well as an original they wrote just for Beliveau Estate Winery!
Thank you to all our friends and fellow wine-lovers who came out to stomp grapes and have a good time with us! We can’t wait to do it again next year!
Join us Saturday, October 4th from Noon to 6PM for our First Annual Potato & Pie Festival! We will hold a Pie Auction at 5PM from which the proceeds will benefit Montgomery County Christmas Store! Bring a pie for the auction and receive a complimentary lavender sachet!