LAVENDER FESTIVAL JUNE 28, 2015
Beliveau Estate grows lavender. The last Sunday in June is always the annual Lavender Festival. This is a day to enjoy the sight and scent of fresh lavender. A time to relax to the sounds of a harpist at the hilltop pavilion as you enjoy a picnic, a glass of wine or lavender lemonade, and watch artists paint the lavender in our annual Plein Air Art Contest. The 2015 Lavender Festival will be held Sunday, June 28 starting at 12:00 noon.
Artists will be on-site painting from 12-5pm. Watch them bring the lavender to life on canvas! There is no admission charge to enjoy this soothing day.
"Paint the Lavender" Plein Air Art Contest 2015
Calling all Artists!
In conjunction with our annual Lavender Festival, June 28, 2015 we are holding a "Paint the Lavender" Plein Air Art Contest.
Details are as follows:
- Lavender must be "painted" open air, from direct view, on-site, at Beliveau Estate.
- Any artist Medium can be used, (ie: oil, acrylic, pastel, water color, charcoal, etc.) Photography will not qualify as a medium for this contest.
- Artists depictions must include a view of the lavender with creative license to "paint" from any angle.
- Contest is open to all ages, amateur or professional.
- Artists may arrive as early as 9am to start artwork. Artists must be present on-site from 12-5 pm during the Lavender Festival. All artwork must be completed by 5pm on June 28th..
- Beliveau Estate will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, with prizes being Gift Certificates (1st:$20.00, 2nd:$15.00, and 3rd: $10.00) towards Beliveau Estate lavender products.
- Artists may price and offer their artwork for sale at Beliveau Estate during and/or following the Lavender Festival. Beliveau Estate will retain 20% of purchase price as commission on artwork sold.
- All applicants must pre-register by 12:00 noon on the day of the Plein Air Contest. There is no fee to participate.
- Artists may visit Beliveau Estate prior to the lavender festival to view the lavender but may not begin work until 9am on day of the contest . Failure to abide by this will result in disqualification.
Questions? Call Joyce at 540-961-0505 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Beliveau Estate "Paint the Lavender" Plein Air Art Competition June 28, 2015
This form must be completed and returned to Beliveau Estate. Registrations will be accepted until 12:00 noon on June 28th.
I will be participating in the Plein Air Art Contest at Beliveau Estate on Sunday June 28, 2015. I understand that I must be present from 12-5pm.
With this registration I acknowledge that Beliveau Estate accepts no liability for loss or damage to artwork, or to any personal injury during participation in this event.
Name of Artist: ______________________________________ Phone #: ______________________________
Address: ____________________________________________ E-Mail Address: _______________________
Type of Medium: ___________________________________________________
How did you hear about this event? _____________________________________
Return this form to: Beliveau Estate, 5415 Gallion Ridge Road / Blacksburg, VA / 24060 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com